Architecture of Sustainability

Saturday, May 13, 2006

NOAA TOUR, FRIDAY 05.05.2006

Wow! Another impressive Morphosis project. As an Angeleno, it is particularly exciting to see work like this in the stylistically more conservative East Coast. Did the program – a house for machines and the people that control them – create the opening that justified enlisting a West Coast, “fringe” architect? I am reminded of Wes Jones’ chiller plant for UCLA. In that case, the conservative university tolerated another fringe architect (the project was “just” a mechanical enclosure.)

I was surprised to hear from other conferees a bit of criticism – what I would call snipping more than anything else – about the project. In particular, the parti of a bar for the machines up high with a plinth for the workers below, was seen as inhumane. I actually thought the great hall for the workers (as I might rename it) was expansive with its twenty to thirty foot ceilings.

The East / West divide lives on.

5 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
Simple but very precise information… Many thanks
for sharing this one. A must read article!

Also visit my webpage - gold coins sale

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If some one needs expert view regarding blogging then i advise him/her to visit
this weblog, Keep up the nice work.

My homepage phen375 phentermine

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this article completely regarding the difference of latest and preceding
technologies, it's awesome article.

Here is my weblog budget paleo

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous, what a web site it is! This blog gives
valuable data to us, keep it up.

Also visit my website - companion pet clinic salem oregon

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter
group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Stop by my site - organization will purchase

 

Post a Comment

<< Home